Beautiful Soul, live at the Time Does Not Reverse EP launch show at The Ellington Jazz Club.
It’s been a busy and exciting 2015 for Shameem. In the span of one year she has:
- Released her sophomore album The Second City. The album and its singles (Beautiful Soul and Under One Sun) have garnered some great press coverage and reviews
- Received airplay on over 80 Australian community/ ABC radio stations and 130 USA college radio stations, and charted in the Top 30 at 6 USA stations, including two Top 5 positions
- Toured the Australian east coast twice – once with her band and once solo – each time performing 9 shows in 7 cities/ towns
- Supported Michael Bolton at Perth Concert Hall, and supported Anthony Callea at The Quarry Amphitheatre
- Performed in Toronto, including a showcase at Canadian Music Week
- Sold out her show at the Perth International Jazz Festival
- Been nominated for the (international) Independent Music Awards for “Under One Sun”, and placed 4th in the Australian Songwriting Contest Contemporary Pop/ Dance category for “Beautiful Soul”
Shameem is currently back in Perth, focussing on writing some new material in her home studio. She will be announcing her next tours in early 2016.
While I was in Sydney during my Australian Solo Tour, I dropped into the ABC studios at the request of ABC RN presenter Geoff Wood, to record and film some live performances for his program, The Rhythm Divine. Here’s the video that they produced of my performance of “Beautiful Soul”.
Shameem is honoured to have been recognised in the Australian Songwriting Contest, with “Beautiful Soul” taking fourth place in the Contemporary Pop/ Dance category and “I Give Thanks” being nominated in the Top 30 of the Spiritual category.
[pe2-image src=”http://lh5.ggpht.com/-svNC5Jj3WTQ/VCgUx1R1GZI/AAAAAAAABzA/qvRwpaBwTDk/s144-c-o/14-08%252520OnlyRNBmusic.com.png” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/118294268219415625349/Blog#6064119744602380690″ caption=”14-08 OnlyRNBmusic.com.png” type=”image” alt=”14-08 OnlyRNBmusic.com.png” ]
[pe2-gallery class=”alignleft” ] [pe2-image src=”http://lh3.ggpht.com/-rEOOjHArM_I/U8iyQo9IDBI/AAAAAAAABqc/SO7r_ii8fFA/s144-c-o/14-07-01%252520Discovery%252520The%252520Music.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/118294268219415625349/Blog#6037271299431599122″ caption=”14-07-01 Discovery The Music.jpg” type=”image” alt=”14-07-01 Discovery The Music.jpg” ][/pe2-gallery]
I really like this awesome snap taken by Tonny, who was in the audience at our show when we launched the single “Beautiful Soul” at The Ellington Jazz Club. The photo really shows off the awesome dress made by Ayesha Parsons of Decisively Ambiguous and the graffiti design by Aggie Ampersand. Thanks Tonny for the photo!
[pe2-image src=”http://lh6.ggpht.com/-GRbWYnc-Tug/U8jNpAatSzI/AAAAAAAABs0/r7fHMpHMKo4/s144-c-o/2014-06-27%252520Ellington.jpg” href=”https://picasaweb.google.com/118294268219415625349/Blog#6037301404860500786″ caption=”Band performance at the Ellington Jazz Club (Perth) to launch the single “Beautiful Soul”” type=”image” alt=”2014-06-27 Ellington.jpg” ]