A number of prestigious international songwriting competitions have nominated various tracks from Shameem’s latest EP, Time Does Not Reverse. This is in addition to Shameem’s recent grand prize win of the John Lennon Songwriting Contest with the track Pass It On.
1) The Independent Music Awards has nominated Time Does Not Reverse as a finalist in its Urban EP category. The final winners for this competition are yet to be announced.
2) The UK Songwriting Contest has nominated I Love You, But and Just A Show in the finals of the RnB / Urban and Adult Contemporary categories respectively. This means that these tracks were in the top 1-2% of entries from all around the world in their categories. Additionally, Pass It On and Moderation were named in the semi-finals, which means that all four tracks of the Time Does Not Reverse EP were nominated in this competition!
3) The USA Songwriting Competition has nominated Moderation as the finals of its R&B category.
This means that, while the Time Does Not Reverse EP has remained unsung in any songwriting competition in Shameem’s home of Australia, all four of its tracks as well as the EP itself have either won or been recognised as finalists in one of four different international competitions.
It’s been a busy and exciting 2015 for Shameem. In the span of one year she has:
- Released her sophomore album The Second City. The album and its singles (Beautiful Soul and Under One Sun) have garnered some great press coverage and reviews
- Received airplay on over 80 Australian community/ ABC radio stations and 130 USA college radio stations, and charted in the Top 30 at 6 USA stations, including two Top 5 positions
- Toured the Australian east coast twice – once with her band and once solo – each time performing 9 shows in 7 cities/ towns
- Supported Michael Bolton at Perth Concert Hall, and supported Anthony Callea at The Quarry Amphitheatre
- Performed in Toronto, including a showcase at Canadian Music Week
- Sold out her show at the Perth International Jazz Festival
- Been nominated for the (international) Independent Music Awards for “Under One Sun”, and placed 4th in the Australian Songwriting Contest Contemporary Pop/ Dance category for “Beautiful Soul”
Shameem is currently back in Perth, focussing on writing some new material in her home studio. She will be announcing her next tours in early 2016.
Shameem’s song “Under One Sun” has been nominated in the international Independent Music Awards, in the “Sing Out For Social Action” category. With “Back to the Ground” being nominated in the R&B/ Soul Song category in 2013, this is Shameem’s second nomination in the Independent Music Awards.
The awards are judged by a stellar array of judges including Sharon Jones, Amanda Palmer, Raul Midón, Jane Monheit and Meshell Ndegeocello to name but a few. There is also a people’s choice section, known as the IMA Vox Pop. You can vote for “Under One Sun” to win it’s category in the people’s choice section here.
Shameem has been nominated for the Independent Music Awards! The nominations in more than 80 Album, Song, Music Video and Design categories were culled from thousands of submissions from North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Australia, Greenland and Europe. Shameem’s track “Back To The Ground” has been nominated in the R&B/ Soul Song category.
Winners will be determined by a panel of influential artist and industry judges including Tom Waits, Ziggy Marley, Meshell Ndegeocello, McCoy Tyner, John Medeski & Chris Wood (Medeski, Martin & Wood) and Raul Midon. In addition to this industry-determined judging process, you can help Shameem to become a fan-selected IMA winner by voting here before Friday July 19!!